”For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.”
There are key parts to this which are ALL important and have ACIM principles to back them up.
1) You must pray with your heart. It doesn’t matter what words you say because God does not understand words, but He understands what is in your heart.
ACIM: “Strictly speaking, words play no part at all in healing. The motivating factor is prayer, or asking. What you ask for you receive. But this refers to the prayer of the heart, not to the words you use in praying. Sometimes the words and the prayer are contradictory; sometimes they agree. It does not matter. God does not understand words, for they were made by separated minds to keep them in the illusion of separation. Words can be helpful, particularly for the beginner, in helping concentration and facilitating the exclusion, or at least the control, of extraneous thoughts. Let us not forget, however, that words are but symbols of symbols. They are thus twice removed from reality.”
2) You must have faith and trust in the Holy Spirit. Faith means trusting in God’s laws. “I am under no laws but God’s”. Faith means believing, knowing, accepting (atonement), aligning with, the Will of God.
ACIM: “The miracle is taken first on faith, because to ask for it implies the mind has been made ready to conceive of what it cannot see and does not understand. Yet faith will bring its witnesses to show that what it rested on is really there. And thus the miracle will justify your faith in it, and show it rested on a world more real than what you saw before; a world redeemed from what you thought you saw.”
3) You must BELIEVE that it will happen and be convinced, essentially that it has alread been received.
ACIM: “There is no miracle you cannot give, for all are given you. Receive them now by opening the storehouse of your mind where they are laid and giving them away.”
4) This believing entails a kind of IMAGINATION or VISUALISATION of the END RESULT of what you want to happen. Ie seeing the mountain in the sea in your mind’s eye.
ACIM: Not sure on a quote for this yet but other miracle workers have taught that the mind’s eye/imagination must be used to visualize what the person or thing will be like AFTER it has been healed/received. E.g. picturing someone swinging their arms around after paralysis has been removed.
5) You must not have any doubt or fear. NONE. That means there will be LOVE and WHOLENESS in your heart and mind and perception.
AICM: You can do ANYTHING I ask. I have asked you to perform miracles, and have made it VERY clear that these are NATURAL, CORRECTIVE, HEALING, and UNIVERSAL. There is nothing good they cannot do. But they cannot be performed in the spirit of doubt.
Remember my own question, before you ask yours “Oh ye of little faith, wherefore didsth thou DOUBT.”
(Reference to Christ and the apostles walking on water.)”
”Wholeness is the perceptual content of miracles” - meaning, shifts in perception are not miracles because they are not *wholeness*. You must perceive with wholeness/love.
6) Prayer is the medium of miracles. You must actually pray to “ask” and receive. The miracle doesn’t happen by just looking at the mountain.
“We said before that prayer is the medium of miracles.”
“The distinction has also been made here between “miracle-mindedness” as a STATE, and “miracle-doing” as its expression.”
7) God/Holy Spirit are the power that makes the miracle happen, “not you”. They work through you. The Holy Spirit is not a metaphor. It is a SPIRIT, a permanent creation of God, and it shares the POWER OF GOD.
”The Holy Spirit is the mechanism of miracles. He recognizes both God's creations and your illusions. He separates the true from the false by His ability to perceive totally rather than selectively.”
8) You must be single minded. That comes from being whole hearted, aware of love.
”A divided will can accomplish nothing.” Or “a split mind can accomplish nothing” or “an untrained mind can accomplish nothing.”
Through these principles used in this combination, THIS is how supernatural miracles are performed. This may however be easier said than done. To have no fear. To have love in the heart. To be single minded you have to be aware of love, your heart has to be whole. You can’t have any fear or doubts. You have to have STRONG belief.
ACIM also puts it this way:
”There have been many healers who did not heal themselves. They have not moved mountains by their faith because their faith was not WHOLE. Some of them have healed the sick at times, but they have not raised the dead. Unless the healer heals HIMSELF, he does NOT believe that there is no order in miracles. He has not learned that EVERY mind that God created is equally worthy of being healed because GOD CREATED IT WHOLE.”
“While expressions like “think big” give some recognition to the power of thought, they still come nowhere near the truth. You do not expect to grow when you say it, because you don’t really believe it. It is hard to recognize that thought and belief combine into a power-surge that can literally move mountains.
It appears at first glance that to believe such power about yourself is merely arrogant, but that is not the real reason why you don’t believe it. People prefer to believe that their thoughts cannot exert real control because they are literally AFRAID of them.”
Remember this: “There is NOTHING your holiness cannot do.”
This is a course in HOW TO MOVE A MOUNTAIN. That is a miracle.
What we need to do, is learn to PRACTICE THE PRINCIPLES.